Veganism is gaining popularity with the passage of time. It is important to highlight, that Veggie diet provides multiple health benefits if you are eyeing to switch to being vegan. It’s definitely a delicious way to explore foods that are healthy beneficial and ecofriendly as well. The vegetarian meal can be as easy to make as any other such as, spaghetti with marinara sauce.
Or, it can be as comforting as bowl of rich, potato soup. It may be as exotic as Grilled Polenta with Portabella Mushrooms. However, the importance of burgers in our daily diet cannot be overlooked. So, is it possible to make a vegan burger without compromising on the ethics of vegan diet? Let’s find out.
Scrumptious Vegan Meals- What To Opt For?
You can easily switch to vegetarian diet by applying the three simple steps below that can be enjoyable and prepared easily:
First: Think of three vegetarian meals that you already enjoy. Some of the common ones are tofu and vegetable stir-fry, vegetable stew, or pasta primavera.
Second: Explore with a recipe that you prepare regularly and can be easily adaptable to a vegetarian menu. For instance, a favorite chili recipe with all the same ingredients just replacing meat with beans or texturized vegetable protein.
Third: Try to get an insight of vegetarian recipes. Check out some vegetarian cookbooks and experiment with the recipes for a week or so until you find three new recipes that are delicious and easy to make. This way you will be having a complete array of vegetable menus that can enjoy with ease.
Veggie Burgers: Tips to Remember:
Veggie Burgers form an essential part of the veggie menu. They can be made up with chickpeas, black beans, white beans, potatoes, lentils and pretty much any other vegetable, which can be mashed and formed into a patty.
They are extremely delicious if made in a correct manner. However,you need to know that veggie patties are extremely fragile. Wondering why? Because veggie patty are mostly made from mashed vegetables, and as you might already know that vegetables get very soft after being mashed. Since we cannot use egg whites to bind and coat the patty, therefore, they turn outvery delicate and do not fare well on the grill at it usually happens with non-veg burgers. Binders like breadcrumbs, oats, or farina can be used but the result may not be as great as you may expect.
Veggie patties need to be handled with care. However, if you are using whole portobello mushrooms as the patties then most likely you will have more success cooking your veggie burgers. If you are cooking them on the stovetop or under the broiler and flipping them very carefully as when time arises then you can easily make veggie burgers.
Helpful Veggie Burger Recipe for Bodybuilders:
Let us take a deep dive inside some of the delicious veggie burger recipes:
Open-Faced Falafel Burgers
Open-Faced Falafel burgers are very easy to make and provide with a delicious experience of Taste and flavor. Let us find below that how can we make this burger and turn it into our menu of the day.
Total Serving Size
6 servings (serving size: 1 burger)
1 cup hot water
1/4 cup tahini (sesame-seed paste)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
6 mini pitas (about 5 inches wide)
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 cups chopped tomato
2 cups sliced peeled cucumber
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
Calories: 437 (24% from fat)
Fat: 11.6g (sat 1.7g, mono 4.1g, poly 4.6g)
How to Prepare
1. For the preparation of sauce, blend the first 5 ingredients until it smoothens.
2. Combine in a food processor the next 7 ingredients (along with 4 garlic cloves). You are required to process the same until it smoothens. Moreover, also scrap the side of the bowl occasionally.
3. Moving forward, now place the bean mixture in a large bowl and also stir in ¼ cup of breadcrumbs.
4. In addition, divide the bean mixture into 6 equal portions and shaping each into a ½ inch thick patty.
5. Now you to have to place the remaining ¼ cup of breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and dredged patties in breadcrumbs.
6. Heat 2 teaspoons oil at a medium heat level in a large nonstick skillet
7. Now add 3 patties to pan; cook for at least 3 minutes on each side until browned.
8. Kindly repeat the procedure with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and patties.
9. Follow the package directions to warm mini pitas. Then place 1 pita on each of 6 plates.
10. Now have the topping with ½ cup lettuce, 1/3 cup tomato, 1/3 cup cucumber and 4 teaspoons of onionson each serving.
11. Finally drizzle each serving with about 3 tablespoons sauce; top each serving with 1 patty.
You can reduce the sodium content in this recipe by cutting down on recommended salt to half or less it is all up to your taste buds.
You can always mix-up a number of veggies to create veggie burgers of your own choice. The whole point is to ensure that you are able to enjoy your meal and don’t feel like missing out on important meal options. Now, vegan bodybuilder can enjoy scrumptious burger that fulfills all of the necessary protein, carbohydrates, and calorie requirements. Veggie burgers play an essential part in boosting your strength level and give you the passion and energy to support your intensive workout routine. So, what are you waiting for- try the amazing veggie burger recipe today!